- Open the needle valve two turns
- Close the choke plate on the mixer
- Open the fuel tap if you have one
- With your hand over the mixer intake slowly pull the engine through compression until fuel runs out of the mixer
- Pull the engine through compression hard and it will fire and run
- Slowly close the needle valve until the engine runs clean
- After the engine warms up open the choke plate a little - you may have to adjust the mixer again
Your engine might have a lever to advance/retard the spark, if it does, retard it to start the engine then advance it to the normal position after starting.