- Open the needle valve on mixer about 3/4 turn.
- Engage the crank in the keyway of crankshaft.
- With the crank in your right hand, use the left hand to cover the choke-plate on the mixer.
- Spin the crank until fuel runs out of the mixer.
- Continue to spin the crank until the engine fires.
- Once the engine fires, remove the crank and adjust the mixer for best running.
- To stop the engine, close the mixer needle valve.
Starting an engine
Fairbanks Morse ZC-52 throttle governed with magneto ignition